STATE AND LOCAL:
LEGISLATIVE VOTING RECORDS:
Michael & Victoria Howell
Editor: Frank Miele Email
Editor: Kellyn Brown Email
Editor: Ali Bronsdon Email
Editor: Sherri Devlin Email
Editor: David F. Latham Email
Plains Valley Press
Editor: Ed Moreth No Email
Editor: Sherry Devlin Email
Editor: Tom Eggensperger Email
Dwight Jenkins, publisher Email
Editor Steve Newman Email
Editor Bard Swenson Email
Editor: Melea Burke Email
NEWS, ISSUES AND
POLITICS / CAMPAIGN
FINANCE / VOTING
Thomas (Library of Congress)
to the US Constitution
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
ABOUT THIS PAGE
The internet is a great vehicle for Montanans to gain a clear picture of what’s going on in our state and the country.
If used with healthy skepticism, common sense and critical thinking, this tool will allow you to circumvent biased and incomplete information disseminated by complacent and negligent “MAINSTREAM” media that filters news for what they want you to see.
Rather than being the watchdog for freedom, these information sources have become cheerleaders for specific agendas and for the erosion of the rule of law and Constitutional principles in our country.
This page includes some news sources that may be helpful to you in your search for knowledge and understanding.
Use your own judgment and know that bias creeps into information, even when groups or organizations may have the best of intentions.
It’s your responsibility to filter and vet the information and the sources you gather it from.
Perhaps the links on this page can get you started with your quest for the truth.
THE IMPORTANCE OF FREEDOM
OF THE PRESS
Freedom of the press (media) is indispensable to the proper functioning of our Republic. A free press is intended to bring to light corruption, injustice, dishonesty, wrongs of every kind and description in all corners of the world. It enables the people to know whether their system of justice is being administered honorably and impartially, as it must be if it is to retain respect. The free press may also be helpful to an accused in dispelling false, distorted or wild charges that would otherwise provoke hasty and irresponsible action. It may arouse public sympathy and may provide information by which law enforcement agencies may track down and apprehend criminals. Most important, when the press is free from censorship and suppression, it tends to assure the telling of the truth-an eternal bulwark against tyranny and dictatorship.
Never before has it been so important to have independent, honest voices and sources of information. We are – as a society – inundated and overwhelmed with a flood of information from a wide array of sources, but these sources of information, by and large, serve the powerful interests and individuals that own them. The main sources of information, for both public and official consumption, include the mainstream media, alternative media, academia and think tanks.
THE NAKED COMMUNIST: 45 COMMUNIST GOALS FOR AMERICA
On Jan. 10, 1963, Congressman Albert S. Herlong Jr. of Florida read a list of 45 Communist goals into the Congressional Record. The list was derived from researcher Cleon Skousen’s book “The Naked Communist.” These principles are well worth revisiting today in order to gain insights into the thinking and strategies of much of our so-called liberal elite:
Note: If you read the whole list and chills don’t go up and down your spine when you realize how far we have “progressed” toward this agenda, then perhaps you should go back to putting your head in the sand.
Below are those goals that relate to sources of information and knowledge for American citizens. Have any of them been achieved?
· Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for Socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers associations. Put the party line in textbooks
· Gain control of all student newspapers.
· Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations that are under Communist attack. [Note: Does Occupy Wall Street Ring a bell?]
· Infiltrate the press. Get control of book review assignments, editorial writing, policy-making positions.
· Gain control of key positions in radio, TV & motion pictures.
· Discredit American culture by degrading all form of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to "eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings," substituting shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms.
· Control art critics and directors of art museums. " The plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art."
· Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them "censorship" and a violation of free speech and free press.
· Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio and TV. [Note: This is the Gramscian agenda of the "long march through the institutions" spelled out explicitly: gradual takeover of the "means of communication" and then using those vehicles to debauch the culture and weaken the will of the individual to resist.]
· Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as "normal, natural and healthy." [Note: Today those few who still have the courage to advocate public morality are denounced and viciously attacked. Most Americans are entirely unwitting regarding the motives behind this agenda.]
· Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with "social" religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity, which does not need a "religious crutch." [Note: This has been largely accomplished through the communist infiltration of the National Council of Churches, Conservative and Reform Judaism, and the Catholic seminaries.]
· Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the grounds that it violates the principle of "separation of church and state"
· Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
· Discredit the American founding fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the "common man."
· Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of "the big picture." Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over. [Note: Obliterating the American past, with its antecedents in principles of freedom, liberty and private ownership is a major goal of the communists then and now.]
· Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture – education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.